Ragnarok Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Just successfully installed some private servers, but it doesn't want to connect

Before get to the point, notice that I'm attempting to run the ragnarok private servers on 11.2.2 CrossOver with OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2.

I just finished installed these private RO by lite installer and installed over the current iRO bottles. nelro (http://nelro.net) and StarbytesRO (http://www.starbytes-ro.com/), but it failed to communicate with the server when I try with the patcher. Double checked that the server is not down.

Meanwhile, when I'm using the client program, after I put my username and password in the login window, it says please wait, then it says failed to connect to server

Is it possible that the connection is blocked by firewall? How do I allow or debug/manage connection? Note that when I play and run the patch on iRO it does connected and 100% works.

What I tried to make it work:
-Add on the (privateservername).exe wine configuration and use global settings, windows xp, windows 7.

I think this problem is caused by an improperly encoded sclientinfo.xml file. You must either ask the administrator of each server to correctly encode their respective sclientinfo.xml file, or correct the encoding yourself.

To correct the encoding of an sclientinfo.xml file:

1. If the sclientinfo.xml file is contained in a .grf file, then extract it.

2. Open the sclientinfo.xml file in a text editor, and then change the file's encoding to UTF-8.

3. Add the following property to the xml tag:

encoding="UTF-8"

so that the entire tag reads

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

1. Save your changes to the file.

2. If you extracted the sclientinfo.xml file from a .grf file in step 1, then move it back into the .grf file.

Note that I haven't tested this procedure.

Another possible solution is to change the system encoding of your CrossOver bottle to match the encoding used by an sclientinfo.xml file. I think CrossOver stores the system encoding of each bottle in a file named cxbottle.conf in the bottle's root folder.

thanks for your reply, that make sense. I'll try over anyway. But right now, I'm facing another problem - the original iRO could not connect too. I tried reinstalling it, but still just getting failed to connect to server :/

Perhaps the servers were undergoing maintenance. 😊 I can connect as of the time of writing this.

I don't know what I did wrong, but I tried reinstalling crossover and iRO but the client always failed to connect to server. Though the patch 100% working.

well, this is weird. I restarted my mac and the iRO works back! I'll try over the private server ;)

edit:
strange that the private server client is now simply get disconnected from server when i try to login. i tried to edit the sclientinfo.xml, but still no luck.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZlZnV2FHZzY5QXViRXVIWSIsImdkcHIiOjB9