Ragnarok Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Random Crashes - PLEASE HELP -

Hello,

Games works fine, flawlessly. ALTHOUGH, I get a crash very randomly every now and then, in a 2 hour game play span it has happened twice, usually a little after I load into a zone. It freezes my entire machine and not just crossover, very annoying and probably un healthy for my mac (could be wrong about that fact, but I have to do a force quit by holding the power button down so it seems damaging.)
Other then that my game works fine, but if this problem persists, I don't know what your return policy is but in an ideal world I would definitely like to refund and buy a windows disc to use boot camp, seeing as how RO is the only good game this thing can run (not even maple story??? really?)

Any help on resolving this issue would be great.

It's starting to happen a little more frequently.

Lets just call it a random crash, happens a no certain given point in time. And I have been playing in windowd mode because of this issue, and learned it does not crash my computer, just cross over so I am able to exit out. The last time it happend though, the game volume (BGM music) kept playing even when I forced quit my Cross Over / RO.

I have

Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

MAC OSX 10.6.8
Cross over v 12

A quick fix would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

RO being 'GOLD' Software is a little bit misleading.

It seems to have evolved,

now It just crashes out of my client, which is more cleanly then it was before, though still dont appreciate it.
It has happed twice so far; a clean crash, as though I pressed alt+f4 (using a PC keyboard)

Hoping someone has had this issue and has fixed it.

Edit: I've been up for some hours, and noticed I have it on the highest resolution, perhaps if I bring it down it wont crash? I'll give it a try.

If the game freezes in fullscreen mode and doesn't close automatically, Command-Shift-R (or maybe with Ctrl or Option keys added, not sure) should reset the screen. No quick idea wrt. the original cause of the crash though. Can you file a support ticket?

I've encountered this problem before, both on my own Mac and on others. Despite meticulous investigation, I unfortunately don't know what causes it. 😥

When the problem began occurring on my own Mac, I reported it to CodeWeavers, who said that it was probably caused by a bug in either Mac OS X or its GPU drivers, and that they were therefore unable to help me. Strangely, the problem mysteriously ceased occurring on my computer after about a fortnight, during which I played RO inside a virtual machine instead.

You have the following options:

• Ask CodeWeavers for help by creating a support ticket.

• Upgrade to the latest version of OS X, and hope that the bug that triggers the problem has been fixed. (Unfortunately, this option isn't free; although, you should consider upgrading your OS X installation anyway because the version you're currently using is over three years old. 😊)

• Run the client inside a virtual machine using software such as Parallels.

• Install Windows on your Mac using Boot Camp (as you've already mentioned).

By the way, to forcefully terminate the RO client when it freezes, enter "killall wineloader" in a Terminal window. (Be aware that this will terminate all running Windows processes.) If you're unable to open Terminal while the RO client is frozen, then you can "force quit" CrossOver by holding option-shift-command-escape for three seconds.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYmU5UFJjd3l5OGZxZThSTCIsImdkcHIiOjB9