Ragnarok Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installer freezes by installing via Crosstie

Hey guys,

i do encounter an issue which is botehring me.
I tried to install RO via the crosstie on the website, it works pretty well by choosing the game automatically (so far no problems at all)
i choose the RO installer exe which i downloaded on the official website and left it in the download folder.
Crossover begin to start installing.. but then it just dont finish. I first thought it might take some time but after half an hour or so nothing happend at all.
I tried it several times and not sure what problem it might be.

http://imageshack.us/a/img33/3250/cncs.png

Im using Crossover 12.5.1
running 10.9 mavericks on a late 2012 macbook.

Cheers

The latest version of the IRO client installer isn't compatible with CrossOver for some strange reason. I reported this problem to CodeWeavers last night, but until it's fixed, you'll have to use the October 2012 version of the installer instead, which you can download from the following sites:

WarpPortal
AtomicGamer
Player Attack
MediaFire/Solidfiles

The file downloaded the fastest from Player Attack for me.

wow i'll try that out hopefully it works!

cheers mate!
😏 😏

I've discovered a workaround that allows you to use the latest version of the IRO client installer with CrossOver. I've described it in my guide for playing Ragnarök Online on OS X using CrossOver.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibUV3OG5yUzVaTjJ6WnNKSyIsImdkcHIiOjB9