Ragnarok Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Downloading the IRO client installer

Update: I'm no longer maintaining the mirrors because the IRO client is no longer compatible with CrossOver.

The latest version of the International Ragnarök Online (IRO) client installer is distributed via a download agent (which has the file name Ragnarok-DLM.exe). Although it's possible to run the download agent under CrossOver, it requires CrossOver 15.0.0 or later and a bottle in which Internet Explorer 8 is installed. I've therefore created a set of mirrors to allow CrossOver users to more easily download the installer. (All of the files that comprise the installer are cryptographically signed by Gravity Interactive.)

How did you install it then? I can't install it and I left my computer all night si it could download

Why are you unable to install the IRO client? You should be able to install it by doing the following:

1. Download the files Media1.cab, Media2.cab, and Ragnarok_Installer.msi from one of my mirrors. (Note that the word "mirrors" in my previous post is a link.)

2. In CrossOver, open the CrossOver software installer. If you're using OS X, then you can do this by choosing ConfigureInstall software… from the menu bar.

3. Select Ragnarök Online in the list of applications and then press Proceed.

4. If you're prompted to choose an installer file, then do so, and choose the file Ragnarok_Installer.msi.

5. Press Install.

The rest of the procedure should be self-explanatory.

I have tried this a few times and it doesn't seem to work.
I've downloaded the .msi file from your mirror link, I've gone into crossover and selected that file to install. It all seems to work going through the installaiton screens but then right at the end I get this error message and don't know what else to try. image

You must download all three of the files, not just the file Ragnarok_Installer.msi. Did you do that?

i m having trouble with (host_IEversionfail) this error

i dont know what to do..

When is the error presented?

Hello everyone! I have added the IE8 dependency to the launcher so with any luck it should run when installed now. When you get to the orange 'Launch Game' button, close the window which will allow Crossover to stop the download. The Ragnarok icon should then generate into the created bottle. Try launching the game from there. :)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQmhGdGZHTDRjY1NxRUFOOSIsImdkcHIiOjB9