Ragnarok Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Issue with installation

So I have been trying for a while to install Ragnarok Online (a classic private server called RagnaXP), this is how it's going for me:

1. I have CrossOver 16.2 installed and have the installer from the server downloaded.

2. I open CrossOver, pres "Install a Windows Application"
    3.I select "Ragnarok Online" under "select application"'

3. I select the installer which is on my mac desktop when I press "Choose Installer file..."

4. I select "New Windows XP bottle"

5. I press "Install"

6. The bottle is created, everything is installed fine (including Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 (9.0))

7. It then gets to "Installing Ragnarok Online" at which point the installer I selected is launched. I think this is where my problem lays because it asks me to install Ragnarok Online as if I had Windows. I'm asked to select the folder to install it in, I usually select just the desktop.

8. From here the installer runs, installs the game, giving me the message that the client was installed successfully.

9. Once I press "Done" on the Ragnarok Installer it closes and I'm taken back to CrossOver. At this point I get a message saying:
    "The 'installing Ragnarok Online' task failed. The installer has exited but Ragnarok Online does not seem to be installed. Continuing with the install may produce unpredictable results."
    I'm given the options "try again", "skip this step" or "cancel installation"

Whatever I choose out of those 3 doesn't work!

Anyone have any thoughts/ideas as to what the problem could be ? I've tried selecting different locations to install the game but nothing works

Thanks!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibXo4dzZ3VHFYYVJWeENDWCIsImdkcHIiOjB9