Ragnarok Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Private Servers - Guide

This is a very messy guide. There's probably a much better way to do this, but here's how I got it working.

This is to fix the problem everyone already knows. The client attempts to connect to a fake IP address.

Using Crossover Games on Snow Leopard. Put the server's IP on the appropriate spot.

On Terminal:

sudo ipfw add divert natd ip from any to any src-port 5121-6900 
sudo ipfw add divert natd ip from any to any dst-port 5121-6900 
sudo killall -9 natd
sudo natd -interface en1 -target_address 255.255.255.255 -alias_address <SERVERIP HERE> -reverse

EDIT: Private servers using the new 2011 clients (Mount, costume systems, etc) have the bug fixed and do not require any of this to connect.

Credit goes to Nevelis from Mac-Forums

Hi all,

I'm a totally new Linux user (came from Windows), and am having the problem with Ragnarok connecting to the wrong address (looping). I was wondering if any Linux users can give me the proper commands from the post above to use in Linux. Thanks in advance

Hi,

It's basically one line in linux, using the iptables utility.
Looks like it's a winebug as well..at any rate, see the following
page, it's got all the pertinent information related to this..;

http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3962#c10

Good luck, hope this helps...

Cheers!

Thanks Don, I'm gonna check that out. It's a lot of reading, but I hope it's well worth it. If I didn't play Ragnarok as much as I did, I wouldn't even bother, lol. I'll keep you guys posted on the outcome.

Hi. I tried Raikon's IPFW ruleset and got the following error:

ipfw: socket: Operation not permitted

I'm clueless about networking so I can't really pinpoint what is wrong. I put in the correct IP of the server. Am I missing something? Please help.

Thearfang wrote:

Hi. I tried Raikon's IPFW ruleset and got the following error:

> I'm clueless about networking so I can't really pinpoint what is
> wrong. I put in the correct IP of the server. Am I missing
> something? Please help.

Hi,

Are you using OSX or linux?

Cheers!

I'm using OSX

Thearfang wrote:

I'm using OSX

Ok... what exactly have you done? Can you post back some
exact details of what your ipfw tables looks like right now?

Here's how it looks like:

112:~ rik$ ipfw add divert natd ip from any to any src-port 5121-6900 
112:~ rik$ ipfw add divert natd ip from any to any dst-port 5121-6900 
112:~ rik$ killall -9 natd
No matching processes belonging to you were found
112:~ rik$ natd -interface en0 -target_address 255.255.255.255 -alias_address 204.152.221.135 -reverse
natd: Unable to create divert socket.: Operation not permitted

Hmmm .. quite possibly you need be the root user for this ; try using sudo to prefix each command ..ie;

sudo ipfw add divert natd ip from any to any src-port 5121-6900

...same for the rest of course...

I tried adding sudo to every rule:

112:~ rik$ sudo ipfw add divert natd ip from any to any src-port 5121-6900 
01500 divert 8668 ip from any 5121-6900 to any
112:~ rik$ sudo ipfw add divert natd ip from any to any dst-port 5121-6900 
01600 divert 8668 ip from any to any dst-port 5121-6900
112:~ rik$ sudo killall -9 natd
112:~ rik$ sudo natd -interface en0 -target_address 255.255.255.255 -alias_address 204.152.221.135 -reverse

No errors. But it still won't connect.

Ok, so that resolves the error message, but not the problem : I did promise someone I'd have a look at RO on the Mac, so I'm installing it now (but as you know, this will take some time ;). After that, I'll see what I can discover about things...

Okay thanks. Let me know if you find something :)

Now I'm a tad confused - which executable are you attempting to run? The free client (valkyrie) seems to work in both OSX & linux ; I haven't checked paid time yet (awaiting some account clearance), but now I'm more interested in your exact situation ... ie; running Ragnarok fails with similar errors that you're seeing, but I probably expect that all things given -- more details please?

Cheers!

The official servers do work. The problem are private servers (in my case, PrivateRO specifically). Here's a link to their website: http://private-ro.net/?module=pages&action=content&path=downloads

Please try installing and running that. Simply download the PrivateRO Installer w/ RE and install in your RO folder.

Ahh! ... (told you I was confused ;) ...yep, sure thing, I'll check it out...

...when their site starts behaving itself =)

I really appreciate your help. Let me know how it goes :)

Did you ever figure this problem out?
I am having the similar problem as to running the private servers..
I know it's been a while since you guys talked about this situation but I would really appreciated if someone could help me if there is a solution to this problem. Thank You!

1 to 18 of 18

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaEhlMlJSZXc3eW5icUU5UiIsImdkcHIiOjB9