Railroad Tycoon 3 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Works ok installs easy and runs with the cd even

I installed this and it seems to run just fine if you say yes when it asks about installing direct x however loading of the campaigns does take slightly longer then on a windows machine but other then that it appears to run just fine.

Also the game appears to run sluggish on a default install

Further investigation has proven that if you set the graphics level to no higher then Low and put it in windowed mode it runs at a some what normal pace with ocational stutters but for the most part it is 93% playable with those settings

Yes it does however under full screen mode (Ubuntu Gutsy) it puts my monitor out of scan range. In windowed mode via the troubleshooting menu it works fine. Under my config I also had to turn up my PCM sound in my ALSA mixer.

Yes I experienced similar issues. I am about to test this on CX Games and will post back output as I get it

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMjZzck1XY3pNa2J6eEhmSyIsImdkcHIiOjB9