Rhino 3D 2.0 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Plain old Wine Works Better

Hi,
Using wine actually works better than CX Office right now. The huge slowdown that I saw in Crossover is not present in Wine. However render preview won't work.

Hope This Helps,
Matthew D'Asaro

This is no loner true. Rhino is incredibly slow both under wine and CX Office.

Thanks,
Matthew D'Asaro

This is once again true! The huge slowdown is finally gone again under wine 0.9.8! However, the OpenGL functions still don't work.

I just tried Rhino 2.0 under CX Office 5.0.3 and under Wine 0.9.16. It's usable but still very slow. What are your experiences? Is there any recent Wine version where Rhino 2.0 does run fast? Has anyone successfully tried out Rhino 3.0 under CX Office or Wine?

As of Wine 0.9.28, both OpenGL and the performance issues are once again fixed. There are still visual glitches with OpenGL, but it does work. It may be a while before this fix makes it into Crossover as they only re-merge with wine once per release cycle. However, I see no real disadvantage to just using vanilla wine to run Rhino as it works just as well.

Thanks,
Matthew D'Asaro

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUThGOG1XWHh4dUpIUk5wVSIsImdkcHIiOjB9