Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Rift graphics under 10.1

I dont know what i am doing wrong , but when i start the game it loads up but its a black screen until it hits the end of the cinematics then its all flashing with some text popping up, it lets me go to settings and play but when u hit play it crashes and sends report, how should i fix this ?

Well I used the CrossOver games app to "Install Windows Software" then I went to "Runtime Support Components", and installed "Directx 9", and "Visual C++" 2008 and 6.0 (under the rift bottle) and that got it too work for me, lemme know if it works for you.

Thanks, i just had to wipe it an reinstall the game again and every is fine until u log into the game i get 1-2 fps :(

mike wrote:

Thanks, i just had to wipe it an reinstall the game again and every
is fine until u log into the game i get 1-2 fps :(

I find it hard to believe that you're getting only 1-2 FPS with the graphics set to minimum and to use the low quality renderer. What video chipset is in your mac?

intel GMA X3100

Well that explains everything....

Hey thanks, the game is working excellent under 10.1 on my MBP, however, I am not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but when I open up my map, the game freezes for like 4-5 seconds, then it resumes at normal speed.

Alexander wrote:

Hey thanks, the game is working excellent under 10.1 on my MBP,
however, I am not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but when
I open up my map, the game freezes for like 4-5 seconds, then it
resumes at normal speed.

I get the same thing. Takes a relatively long time to load the map itself, but the markers appear immediately.

i have intel GMA X3100 what should i get instead, and i have 2gb of ram would upgrading to 4gb help?

and im running on a 13inch macbook

Our testing with Intel GMA on-board graphics chips has been overwhelmingly negative - they're simply too underpowered, and the drivers for these chips don't handle complex openGL calls well. I'm afraid that Mac users with Intel GMA chips can expect RIFT to work barely-to-not-at-all.

Never mind, sent a support ticket:)

Will there ever be a time when Mac or Linux users are allowed to play rift with regular graphics and not low rendered?

That one guy wrote:

Will there ever be a time when Mac or Linux users are allowed to
play rift with regular graphics and not low rendered?

Not using low rendering and with the below settings I hover around 20-25fps, this is on suse 11.4 with nvidia binary blob drivers. Very little difference between windowed or fullscreen fps.

1 to 14 of 14

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQkhlNU5rcmI3ZXpNYmdWVyIsImdkcHIiOjB9