Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crash on Quit

I'm wondering if this is a unique experience:

Whenever I quit Rift (by any means I can find), I'm presented with a Rift error/crash message immediately. This happens before the game world disappears from the screen.
Once I choose to submit the error, I am told that winebrowser.exe has encountered an error. Once I close that window, I see a black screen indefinitely (well, the longest I've waited is about 10 minutes). I have to force-quit CrossOver Games in order to get the black screen to go away.

Anyone else seeing that problem and/or know of a fix?

got the same problem but without that black screen...
rift isnt running smooth with high graphics settings (good quality), its running quite ok on low settings but i want/need better picture quality...framerate is horrible with high settings.

has this "winebrowser.exe" thing something to do with that? how can that be fixed?

thanks!

I'm having the same issue but without the blackscreen...crashes when I quit then I get the winebrowswer.exe error. Any solutions for this?

Carla wrote:

I'm having the same issue but without the blackscreen...crashes when
I quit then I get the winebrowswer.exe error. Any solutions for
this?

I was seeing this as well but has recently stopped happening. I think it may have stopped around hotfix #15.

I am having the same problem were you ever able to fix it?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNEFoWW5rVVd6V1Vtd2FZayIsImdkcHIiOjB9