Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Trying to install Rift for Weekend Free To Play event

I received a key to play Rift this weekend and last. Last weekend I created a Trion account, and installed the game from the Rift-game site directly. it successfully patched (overnight) then stated I had 'Insufficient Video Card'. I realized then I hadn't created a proper bottle so I started the process again. This time I clicked 'Install Rift Now' on the codeweavers site and it began installing, but I quickly got errors regarding Core fonts. I then installed them one at a time into the bottle as a universal 'Core fonts' install gave me the same font error. Now I am trying to install DirectX - Modern under 'Runtime Support Components' but I get an 'Unknown Error'. I am afraid to spend the 15 hours downloading/patching without DirectX - Modern loaded. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My system:
15" MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.8 GHz. 4gb memory, NVIDIA GeForce9400M, and ...9400M GT

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Hmm, that is strange. The CrossTie installer should have installed the necessary dependencies. Which Windows version is your bottle set to? I'd recommend trying the install in a WinXP bottle.

If it helps, I ran my RIFT install (in Linux) through the Crossover Installer itself. I picked RIFT from the Supported Applications list, chose the installer, then had it go into a new bottle. I'm not sure if this will help, though; I haven't used the CrossTie on RIFT yet.

Hibba.

I also have the core fonts error.
I skip them and installation is continuing...
but in 14 hours I suppose I will know whether it will run without them =/

Kevin Hurley wrote:

I received a key to play Rift this weekend and last. Last weekend I
created a Trion account, and installed the game from the Rift-game
site directly. it successfully patched (overnight) then stated I had
'Insufficient Video Card'. I realized then I hadn't created a proper
bottle so I started the process again. This time I clicked 'Install
Rift Now' on the codeweavers site and it began installing, but I
quickly got errors regarding Core fonts. I then installed them one
at a time into the bottle as a universal 'Core fonts' install gave
me the same font error. Now I am trying to install DirectX - Modern
under 'Runtime Support Components' but I get an 'Unknown Error'. I
am afraid to spend the 15 hours downloading/patching without DirectX

• Modern loaded. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My system:
15" MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.8 GHz. 4gb memory, NVIDIA
GeForce9400M, and ...9400M GT

I had the Direct X problem as well. Go to the actual website and download the full installer, not the web installer, then reinstall Direct X and manually select the installer you downloaded, it should work.

Does anyone fix the core fonts error? if got this acctually and the directx problem as well. the full installer doesnt fix it

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV1dWU2FHSEtVWlZTTE1BdSIsImdkcHIiOjB9