Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Low Quality Graphics

so i have been playing Rift on crossover games for about two weeks and really enjoy it but i have only been able to play the game with low quality renderer and if i try and set the graphics to anything els i just get a black screen... i know this game has really good graphics and want to be able to experince them but im not sure what the problem is. i am running it on a Mac OS X v10.5.8
2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

please help i dont mind playing on low quality but i would really enjoy playing with better quality.
😥

This is one of the problems we are tracking with Rift but we thought it was only happening on ati cards. Have you sent in a ticket?

no i have not but i will now... do you think it has something to do with the crossover games compatibilty with Rift or my computer and crossover games?

I think it has something to do with the graphics driver on the Mac, the way that driver is presented to CrossOver Games and the way that CrossOver Games interprets it and finally, the way that Rift interprets what CrossOver Games is telling it.

It's like playing the old game 'telephone'. Somewhere along the line the message is getting messed up and if we can figure out where we may be able to fix it.

Caron ... I have been playing rift, but today I unchecked the bow 'use low quality graphics renderer' to see what would happen ... well, bad idea, my game crashes at the loading screen now

and suggestions on how I can get the 'use low quality graphics' box checked without being able to logon to the game?

I tried opening in windowed mode, and resetting all settings, but no luck

noah Richardson wrote:

and suggestions on how I can get the 'use low quality graphics' box
checked without being able to logon to the game?

Find your rift.cfg. On my machine it's in ~/.cxgames/RIFT/drive_c/users/crossover/Application Data/Rift/rift.cfg - your path may vary (in particular if you're on mac)
Edit it, change the line "LegacyRenderer = False" to "LegacyRenderer = True". That should turn the low quality renderer back on.

appreciate the response

I had done that originally. and yes that fixed it

its all starting to make sense now

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQjVjVk1zQWhXQ0I5RXY5OSIsImdkcHIiOjB9