Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

I got past the launcher

and I saw the opening credits! yea!

then the game loaded to about 15% and crashed

... I still have yet to see Rift work on my MacBook Pro ... any ideas?

If it is your first install of Rift you may need to flip Rift to running in windowed mode for your first launch (from the settings option on the login screen). You can change it back after the first launch.

nope ... I have 2 days left before I have to decide whether or not to pay for this software, and whether or not to go back to Rift and beg for my money back

is there anyone around this website who has the time or is interested enough to help?

from what I gather in these forums the mac is a little more problematic then linux and sadly I am running it on linux so can't help you there. I am not sure but seems to come down to ATI vs Nvidia ?

Hope someone can help with a mac.

well ... I'm not getting any replys, which isn't good

is there tech support on this forum or how do I open a helpdesk ticket ... nothing is changing

noah Richardson wrote:

nope ... I have 2 days left before I have to decide whether or not
to pay for this software, and whether or not to go back to Rift and
beg for my money back

is there anyone around this website who has the time or is
interested enough to help?

I'm not really sure what else you would like me to do. I've posted requesting that people having additional trouble write in a support ticket (I've checked and all we have from you are your two tickets asking to be added to the bug about Rift not working at all). I've also posted in several places to use the Tips & Tricks to get started and to the problem you are referencing now...

I have said that you should change to 'windowed' mode at the login screen for the first launch. This is mentioned in the tips and tricks section as well as several places within the forums. Because you have not filed a ticket, I cannot go to that specific ticket to see if you have followed any of my tips, if you have read any of my tips or if you are having trouble following any one specific item within my tips. Instead, I come to the forums and have to sift through them to see that you are having trouble... but there is no confirmation on what you have tried or if you have tried anything.

We are happy to help you, but if you do not submit a ticket when asked or let us know whether or not you have tried our suggestions we have no way of knowing what information to give you next.

Please file a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com. When you do so, please list anything you have tried (meaning, any of the tips we've given you to try in the forums) and also some information about your Mac (graphics card, OS version, which version of CrossOver Games you are specifically using).

As far as the seven day trial period goes, our staff is equipped to help you reset that period if need be. It's not an easy process, but we want you to feel like you got time to try CrossOver Games before you purchase it.

noah Richardson wrote:

well ... I'm not getting any replys, which isn't good

is there tech support on this forum or how do I open a helpdesk
ticket ... nothing is changing

I know it's at the bottom, so it is often not read... but every time you create a forum post you are informed that these forums are not "Support Forums". We do our best to try and help even in the forums but the Ticket System is the only 'actual' support method in place.

Our apologies for the confusion.

ok thx .. yea, to be honest I didn't even notice you worked for codeweavers ... I thought you were just random person with some advise

btw ... are there any other tricks I can try beside trying to startup in windowed mode?

is there any way I can check if everything is setup properly?

I submitted a ticket yesterday and didn't hear back ... how do I get you guys to reset my 7 day trial?

1 to 10 of 10

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieUVtS214bnRic1JtYWtteSIsImdkcHIiOjB9