Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Unable to submit ticket/Crash on initial loading screen

I have also sent the following email to info@codeweavers.com, but I have not received a response:

Dear Codeweavers,

I purchased your CrossOver Mac Standard Bundle today. I have one reason for doing so: to play Rift. I have been playing it on my outdated PC, but the 8 FPS started to get to me. After booting up CrossOver Games and following the tutorials, Rift does not work. More on that in a bit.

I have two problems:

1. I cannot submit a support ticket to tell you my problem with RIFT. From the menu bar on the left-hand side of your website: Support->Ticket System->Enter Ticket. I get the same message for CrossOver Mac Support and CrossOver Games Support: "Unsupported: Your ability to post to this list has been disabled as you have not purchased this product."

I thought maybe my purchase had not registered yet, so I went to My Account->My Orders. Sitting right there in My Orders is the order confirmation.

Since I am unable to submit a support ticket, please help me with my Rift problem.

My Mac specs are as follows:

Mac OS X version 10.6.7
Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 320M, 256 MB VRAM
CrossOver Games version 10.1.0

I installed Rift in a winxp bottle and said "Yes" to installing everything it asked.

I successfully patched Rift using the automatically launched Rift patcher.

After several attempts at clicking the "Play" button, I finally punch through the "Error communicating with the patching process. (Error #1026) Last Message: 0000006D"

Rift launches in Windowed mode ("Tips & Tricks" suggestion) and the music starts up. Everything seems to be going well until the first loading screen gets to 9 or 10% then WHAM, a "Rift-Error Handler" window pops up in the middle of my screen. A report gets sent to Trion and Rift closes.

This happens every time at the 9 or 10% loading mark at the initial loading screen. I am happy to give you any more information you need to help you help me.

This problem sounds similar to the thread started by "noah richardson," but that one ended without a solution as far as I can tell.

Thank you,

John McMahon

this is exactly what I did, and you have the same system ... and I have the same problem, accept I get 15-20% and it crashes ... I was able to open a ticket yesterday about noon, but I have yet to hear anything back

Have you tried altering the rift.cfg and changing the

LegacyRenderer = True

rift.cfg is located in the cxgames/RIFT/Drive_C/users/crossover/ApplicationData/Rift directory.

Sketchie wrote:

LegacyRenderer = True

rift.cfg is located in the
cxgames/RIFT/Drive_C/users/crossover/ApplicationData/Rift
directory.

I'll try this later and let you know what happens!

John wrote:

Sketchie wrote:

LegacyRenderer = True

rift.cfg is located in the
cxgames/RIFT/Drive_C/users/crossover/ApplicationData/Rift
directory.

I'll try this later and let you know what happens!

I made the change to rift.cfg and started the patcher. 1.2 Hotfix #4 was downloaded automatically and I am able to enter the game now! I haven't really done anything in-game so I can't comment on performance, but I am able to enter the world with my character. Since I made both changes before attempting to start (LegacyRenderer = True and downloading the new Hotfix), I don't know which one was effective in solving my problem.

I am also now able to submit tickets. Two birds with one stone, eh? Thanks to everyone for their help and I'll follow up with how Rift is performing.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYUFzcEdIcEtZeHZFZndudiIsImdkcHIiOjB9