Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

No dice for new mac with Radeon HD card

Well i've been playing rift on my macbook pro with nvidia gt330 card using crossover for over a month now with no probs. I buy a new macbook pro with the nice Radeon HD 6750M 1gig card and didnt realise there was a problem with xover and radeon cards before I got the new mac...now have to play with low quality render to get in the game...every once in a while I can get in with the HD graphics but only like 10% of the time.

It's not that big of a deal since I use the macbook as a 2nd PC for multiboxing off my main desktop gaming pc. I get the same errors as I have already seen tickets for like "update graphics driver" but who knows when apple will send that out. Any luck on crossovers end to fix the radeon problem? Thanks in advance!

David Lechner wrote:

Well i've been playing rift on my macbook pro with nvidia gt330 card
using crossover for over a month now with no probs. I buy a new
macbook pro with the nice Radeon HD 6750M 1gig card and didnt
realise there was a problem with xover and radeon cards before I got
the new mac...now have to play with low quality render to get in the
game...every once in a while I can get in with the HD graphics but
only like 10% of the time.

It's not that big of a deal since I use the macbook as a 2nd PC for
multiboxing off my main desktop gaming pc. I get the same errors as
I have already seen tickets for like "update graphics driver" but
who knows when apple will send that out. Any luck on crossovers end
to fix the radeon problem? Thanks in advance!

Yes same here.. Imac i7 2.9Ghz with Radeon Graphics card.. and it is running at low quality..

Yeah, I'm having the same trouble. :(

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZEVCckNleWMzVldubmZTdSIsImdkcHIiOjB9