Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Graphics above low quality?

Does anyone know when there will be a fix so that the game can be play above low quality?

If my game wants to play, which it usually doesn't, I play on ultra. But it seems this doesn't work for others?

Can you share some information on how you managed to get it that high?

I have a brand new macbook pro and am unable to get it above 20 fps

Well when I used to play it on my old, old Windows it told me that I was on low. For this, it doesn't. I messed with the graphics settings and for some odd reason, it accepts graphics on ultra. I don't know how or why. Maybe I have a different graphics card. I have a 13 inch Macbook Pro that I've been using every day since last July. This is truly strange.

I changed my settings today, for some reason I unchecked 'use low graphics renderer' and now my game crashes during the loading screen ... I tried starting up in windowed mode, and resetting all settings from the launcher, but I still crash every time

anyone know how I can re-check the 'use low graphics renderer' without being able to logon?

... or am I done playing rift

You can edit the rift.cfg file in the RIFT bottle's c: drive:
(c_drive) > users > crossover >Application Data > RIFT

scroll down to where it says something like

Use_Legacy_Renderer="FALSE"

Change this value to true and you should be good.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS1RQcWQ5bnNaTVNtYnNUQiIsImdkcHIiOjB9