Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Rift / changing grapics settings

I have been playing rift using crossover for about a month now, without any real issues, But, today, for some reason, I decided to change the graphic settings to see what the game looked like. So inside advanced settings all I did was 'uncheck' 'use low graphics renderer' ... now the game crashes at the loading screen at about 15% ... using the launcher I tried opening in windowed mode, and resetting all settings, but I'm still crashing

any suggestions on how to get the 'use low graphics renderer' box checked again without being able to log on?

open (yourhomedirectory)/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/RIFT/drive_c/users/crossover/Application Data/Rift/rift.cfg

LegacyRenderer=True

save file, relaunch.

that should work.

Btw, while I've found stability issues during launches and loads using the normal renderer, once in-game it's been fairly stable. My only complaint is I cant get fps over 20 on a brand new macbook pro. As I understand it there's a release coming down the pipe which has peformance fixes, though. (20 should be enough for leveling/questing until then)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidlllTHZYU05XQmNLWFI0YSIsImdkcHIiOjB9