Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Patch 1.3 Hotfix #2 - Can't Play

Prior to the 1.3 hotfix#2 I could play Rift perfectly fine. !.3 was working and I had no problems. Then I updated to hotfix#2 today around 2-3 hours ago. Now I can get past the updater and launch the game like normal, but my screen freezes at the Rift opening screen where it just says "Rift". The music plays like normal but the screen doesn't change. The mouse is also either invisible or a normal looking white cursor instead of the game cursor. I usually know there's a problem whenever the cursor does not change to the custom game cursor. I tried recovering, resetting my settings, and installing some bottle software. Nothing works. Is this happening to anyone else?

Also I don't have a Rift.cfg, I have a rift.cfg.ink which is jibberish in TextEdit.

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Same happening here, I was about to post the same question. Also I do have my LegacyRendered set to True. Was working fine this morning and last night but until recently I haven't been able to play.

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

I have the exact same issue. I have already submitted a ticket, so we'll see what happens.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Same exact thing here.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Ditto. Identical symptoms.

Tried the "Recover" button on the PLAY screen in Rift. No change.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Yeah I don't know what's up with it either. My mouse doesn't disappear if I keep on the apps bar so that helps.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Same here

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Stopped working for me to was working prior to today. Task manager in bottle shows RiftErrorHandler.exe is running.... Tried a few times including the "LegacyRenderer=True" used earlier. Didn't work. Once when closing, I saw a blank metacity popup...

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Same issue here. Running the crossover launcher from the terminal doesn't give any visible errors. Running the "Recover" option at the launcher doesn't find any bad files. Hitting play gives the Rift splash screen and sits there playing the normal log in music..

Edit for specs:
Cxgames 10.1
Slackware 13.37 64-bit
Latest Nvidia binary driver

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

confirming this on crossover mac.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Same issue for me, can't get past the 'Rift' screen on Ubuntu Natty.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Quite ironic that the patch causing the problems is "Waves of Madness"

Aaaahhhhh!

Hotfix 1 was fine, so the problem was obviously introduced in hotfix #2.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

+1 for me as well. Same exact issue.

😭

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Same problem here - MacOs

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Thread on this issue from the Rift forums:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?215541-pm-patch-6-24&highlight=wine

The dev's at Trion are aware, though I am not sure if they are working on a fix or not.

Anyone got any news on this?

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

same here

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

The same problem here.... :( works fine till 24.June2011 and now... rift screen and then .... nothing

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

SAme here on Crossover Games MAC version! Please give us Rift gold medal!!!1 PLZZ!!! thank you!

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Sucks that the week I decide to try a 7 day trial of both crossover and Rift that the application I want to use the most is unavailable for what seems like the entire 7 days.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

i don´t think its for 7 days trion works hard to fix it

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Same here i got the same problem!!!! HELP PLSSSS

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

to follow the situation:
wine:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=22884
rift:
http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?215541-pm-patch-6-24/page8
patchnotes:
http://forums.riftgame.com/forumdisplay.php?69-Patch-Notes

same same ... any news yet?

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Everyone on this thread has been forwarded to bug 8492 in our system. We will update you as soon as we have news both here and from the bug.

When I try and follow the link to Bug 8492 given above I get a message saying that access to this bug is denied. Is this normal or just a problem with my account? If it's normal then what use are we supposed to make of the provided link?

on the wine page a smart person found a lot of info and posted a wine bug: http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=27620

on the rift forums someone found out that it seems to be related to the 1.3 movie, if he holds the thread that should spawn it he gets to the char selection screen: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?215541-pm-patch-6-24/page11 post 104

Sean Holdsworth wrote:

When I try and follow the link to Bug 8492 given above I get a
message saying that access to this bug is denied. Is this normal or
just a problem with my account? If it's normal then what use are we
supposed to make of the provided link?

This is normal. The bug is an internal way for us to keep track of issues with Rift and put everyone experiencing that bug in one place. Typically, we do not give access to bugs in our system to everyone and in this case it wouldn't give you any more information than what you have (we're looking at it, we've read through what we see WineHQ, Rift Forums, Our Forums, we've gathered log files, etc).

The link is helpful so that if a staff member comes on, they can 'autojump' to the bug referenced and verify that people are on it, immediately see information, etc.

We will provide updates as soon as we have them and we are working on this issue. Unfortunately we have no further information to provide at this time.

If you have further information, posting it here will get it to us (or creating/responding to a ticket in our system). We are always appreciative of additional information. Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

Same problem I'm having. Crossover games on OSx.

This is from an assistant community manager on the Rift website forums. The link is in this thread.

"Hey all,

It seems we were able to resolve the issue internally this morning. Expect to see the fix in an upcoming Hot Fix.

Thanks again for the feedback and bringing this to our attention, we'll have you back to playing shortly!"

Yes, another Hotfix to correct this issue should be out on Wednesday, if not sooner.

same probleme in france to (lol)

That one guy wrote:

This is from an assistant community manager on the Rift website
forums. The link is in this thread.

"Hey all,

It seems we were able to resolve the issue internally this morning.
Expect to see the fix in an upcoming Hot Fix.

Thanks again for the feedback and bringing this to our attention,
we'll have you back to playing shortly!"

That's a shame, I was hoping there would be a fix on the crossover side rather than rift changing their game. I'm hoping the incident at least resulted in feedback which will result in improvements to the emulation layer, even if it's fixed on trion's side for the time being.

1 to 33 of 33

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYlBIWTZTc1N3TUtWTExZZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9