Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Temporary fix for Rift hotfix 1.3

There will be a proper fix for this on Wednesday from Trion, we believe. We recommend waiting for that fix.

In the meantime, we have a very quick hack that will get you running right now if you like.

As I write this, the Linux fix is available; the Mac version should be available shortly.

To get it, go to:
http://dl.codeweavers.com
and enter a password of rifthack20110627

On Linux, download the ntdll.dll.so.rifthack.linux file and use it to replace either /opt/cxgames/lib/wine/ntdll.dll.so or ~/cxgame/lib/wine/ntdll.dll.so.

For the Mac, in about 15 minutes, a full DMG of CrossOver Games should be available; run that in place of your regular CrossOver Games. You will need to unlock it again with your username and password.

This build is almost completely untested. We threw it up and verified we could get into RIFT, but didn't test at all further.

Again, if you can wait until Wednesday, I would avoid this. But my wife and I meant to play tonight, so I'll be patching my box... 😊

Cheers,

Jeremy

I just want to say..... THANK YOU!!!!!!! to all of you that worked so hard to get us back playing

I now get past loading screen but it locks up my entire MacBook after character select screen upon loading the graphics

I would like to offer my appreciation for your efforts it getting us a fix so quickly and getting us back in the game. Temporary though it might be it shows your dedication to your product, your craft and your customers.

Thank you!

Joshua Trimm wrote:

I now get past loading screen but it locks up my entire MacBook
after character select screen upon loading the graphics

Please try the workarounds suggested on the "Tips & Tricks" page under "Quick Fixes to Common Issues". If none of these work, kindly send in a support ticket so we can further assist you (and please mention what you've already tried):

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/enter/

I'm not sure if I am doing this correctly. I run Crossover Games 10.1 on OSX Snow Leopard so I downloaded the .dmg file, backed up my old crossover application just in case, and then ran the new Crossover Games application. It prompted a window saying an upgrade would take place. I clicked "Upgrade" and after a few seconds Crossover was open. I tried to run
Rift the way I usually do, by opening the "riftpatchlive.exe" file in the proper bottle. However, nothing has changed, i still get stuck at the intro screen. Am I missing something? Should I replace a file in my lib/wine folder (which I found)?

Thanks for the help and effort everyone's putting into this.

Thanks for the temporary fix it's greatly appreciated you guys are awesome.

Thanks a heap for the temp fix, working great on Ubuntu Natty. Really appreciate the effort you guys have put in to get us playing again 😊

For some reason the fix isn't working for us on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. I have verified that the file I replaced, /opt/cxgames/lib/wine/ntdll.dll.so, is the one in use by RIFT, but the game still never gets past the loading splash screen.

While the RIFT process is consuming 99% of the CPU, an strace shows that it is doing nothing but continuously yielding the scheduler.

I have tried upgrading to, and then reinstalling, version 10.1 of Crossover Games, all to no effect.

Tried the temporary fix last night and had some video issues initially, turned on low render mode and turned down the graphics settings and that seemed to fix the graphics issues. Played on it all night with no issues. Thanks for the fix!

It appears that the patch released by Trion today broke the workaround developed by CrossOver. Not sure if the fix from Trion and the fix from CrossOver were conflicting.

Just wanted to let you know.

1 to 11 of 11

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYk4yVlJnTnd2cE1lckhyNiIsImdkcHIiOjB9