Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

more info on the render bug (loading stops after the char screen)

I have 2 bottles with Rift installed on my Mac (MacPro 3,1 with a ATI Radeon HD 5870). One for playing (LegacyRenderer = true) and one for testing (LegacyRenderer = False).
Today, after installing the latest hotfix that allowed me to log back into the game at all, I decided to test that bug again. I found to my surprise that I could create a new character and go on playing after the intro movie until I had to logout after which I was back to the well known error on load again.

As I couldn't find this mentioned anywhere, I thought I'll post it here just in case it helps :)

Some more info....I upgraded to 10.6.8 last night and Rift is playing fine on high res graphics for me on my Mac with the ATI card now.

There is one almost cosmetic (for me :) ) error I am encountering and that shows as being unable to type in anything except chat....so no sending of mail.

As this was the test bottle, I have tried so many things over the last month that I couldn't properly describe in detail everything I've done (eg. I installed the game as well as different directx, .net, etc. versions several times, changed the registry and so on) but if there is interest, I'll re-install and describe all the steps here. The reason why I haven't done this already is that the deciding factor was definitely installing 10.6.8; before doing that it didn't quite work and afterwards it did.

Just to add another data point to this thread:

I also tried re-enabling the high-quality renderer after installing OS X 10.6.8 and all of the latest Rift hotfixes. Much to my surprise, I was able to get fully into the game. Frame rates weren't great (I had to drop the settings down to Low to make the game playable). For what it's worth, I am running the game in Windowed mode. I'll try Fullscreen to see if that makes a difference in frame rates for me.

My system specs:
iMac 3.06 GHz Core 2 Duo
4 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 w/512 MB

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiczJTWGF5OEhUTXVtZzZwZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9