Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

The game stops updating when it doesn't have focus

I have noticed an issue that I can't seem to fix without going into the much-hated windowed mode. Whenver another window is on top of RIFT, or I am on my second virtual desktop, it simply stops updating both audio and video. After a period of this, when I return focus to the game it stutters the video for a few seconds and creates a lot of audio noise while it catches back up to the current stream.

This issue means that, for example, I cannot hear when the LFG tool pops up an invite while I read a web page, and things like damage parsers cannot be left visible while playing the game.

Does anyone know of a workaround for this issue without running in windowed mode, please?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiM2FKbWR2dFFjQlRoWDNBZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9