Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Driver error. No rendering, just hud.

The game for the most part loads fine, but all i can see is the hud display and loading screens. the character select screen is blank with just the hud up, and when i login into the game it does the same. An error comes up when ever i open the game that tells that my graphics card driver is not up to date. I tried loading the driver for my video card that is compatible with xp but i get a error after it finishes installing.

Justin T wrote:

The game for the most part loads fine, but all i can see is the hud
display and loading screens. the character select screen is blank
with just the hud up, and when i login into the game it does the
same. An error comes up when ever i open the game that tells that
my graphics card driver is not up to date. I tried loading the
driver for my video card that is compatible with xp but i get a
error after it finishes installing.

Have you tried changing the in-game setting to windowed mode?

Have you tried setting the UseGLSL key to "disabled" (http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/faq/cxgamesmac_enableglsl)?

Can you give us more information on your system? What graphics card is in your Mac?

The Windows version of the driver for your video card will not apply to the MacOS... and Rift will likely always report that your graphics driver is not what it wants. This particular error is usually a red herring.

I have a macbook pro with a 2.26 core 2 duo, 4g of ram, and a nividia 9400m. I turned on the lowest setting option and it works, but is there any other way of running the game at slightly higher resolution on my machine?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVmRUWlo5cUV3U25TRWtudCIsImdkcHIiOjB9