Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Planes of Telara Beta - Linux Status

So per my norm for installing games, I did the following:

1) Created 'Win XP' bottle
2) Installed Core Fonts
3) Installed Microsoft DirectX - Modern
4) Installed the game

Once the game install completed, I logged in with my existing Trion credentials which prompted the game to start an update to the Beta client. Once that was complete everything works fine with no delays.

I've only created a few characters and leveled them a few times mostly to make sure the beta works before I spend cash on the digital pre-order.

My system: NVidia GTX 460, 8GB of RAM, OpenSUSE 11.3 64bit

My rank thus far: Gold Medal

I have the game installed using vanilla wine 1.3.12 but can vouch for the results above. Played pretty extensively across a number of beta events. Getting around 15-30 fps on slightly modified ultra settings.

i5@3.3 Ghz
gtx460 1 gig
4 gig ram

Slackware Linux -current 64 bit

Im using crossover games 10.

I had no problems installing the game, but the beta event was still a few days off.

Between the time that i installed rift and now i reinstalled linux mint 10.

When i went to reinstall rift i had many problems so i created a new steam bottle and installed xna .net3.0 corefonts directx and vcrun2005 and the rest of the stuff that comes with a steam bottle.

Anyway it worked after some prodding.

However it seemed that it was the patching process in the end that was the main cause of the issue.

So if you get an error while patching don't worry it happened to me too.

The game runs well and looks great. however i am seeing about 7fps with all setting set to max.

I have an nvidia geforce gtx 470

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVlI1d1hOM0I3Z3pjZ1Z4YiIsImdkcHIiOjB9