Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Black Screen & Error report on "Play"

Hey Guys,

So I'v been through all the forums and still I'm unable to get Rift to load past the login screen.

I'v installed:

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=7558
• Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable
• The game and patched it

I get to login screen and as soon as I click "Play" I get:

• Black Sceen
• Game music sticking and looping
• "Saving Error Report"
• "send Error report and restart game" option and "send Error and quit game"

I read that people have managed to get it to to atleast to the connection error, but I can't get past my black screen issue.

Any help would be great.

I'm sad to say I have gone down the boot camp road.

Would have been nice to not have to partition my HD and install a windows OS oh well, I'll watch this space.

Edit: Sorry I didn't read the post correctly.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieGJ3UXdHVmtOMmtCR25UTiIsImdkcHIiOjB9