Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

My install fails. no installer choosen...

So happy to see that I where gonna be able to play Rift without rebooting to Windows!
I hurried over to Crossover and downloaded the try out and clicked the orange button that I had read so much about.
But the seamless installation got an abrupt ending, it doesn't start to install since it stops at:
"Select an installer" say what I said.
tried to choose the RIFT.tie no can do. Tried the dmg file the mounted dmg file... no no no.
Got an dialog took "Skip this step". Installation started but nothing got installed...

What is this? Simple no.

Please advice.

I am having this same problem.

• Choose Installer File
  • Choose Installer Folder

Cannot find any information on what to do here.

I believe you need to have the Rift_LIVE_Patcher_setup.exe from Trion and select it as the install file. Thats what I did. I've not run the Install Via Crosstie yet so the process for that might be different.

Bump, same problem

I created a folder and selected it (folder contains Rift_LIVE_Patcher_setup-1.exe) from Trion worlds site. It's currently installing, I will let you know what happens. Running on Mac OSX

This allowed Rift installer to be installed. Everything went smoothly, but now the Rift Installer is stuck at "Checking Local Files"

Sam wrote:

Bump, same problem

I created a folder and selected it (folder contains
Rift_LIVE_Patcher_setup-1.exe) from Trion worlds site. It's
currently installing, I will let you know what happens. Running on
Mac OSX

This worked perfectly for me If anyone has trouble just download the client on under your account page on the Rift website)

Then (on crossovergames):

select file > select the Rift_LIVE_Patcher_setup-1.exe and your golden.

I downloaded the game from the site itself and it installed and patched but its saying I need to Install Direct X9 and that fails everytime I try so now when i push play i get that message and then some patching error....idk what to do

Brian Jarvis wrote:

I downloaded the game from the site itself and it installed and
patched but its saying I need to Install Direct X9 and that fails
everytime I try so now when i push play i get that message and then
some patching error....idk what to do

Let us know if this helps:

Open up the Crossover Games Installer (usually in your menu, Crossover Games > Install Windows Software).

Click on the drop down arrow by "Runtime Support Components" to show the list of installable applications.

Select "DirectX 9" from that list.

Next, click on "Select a bottle into which to install" (should be below the list of programs) and choose the bottle that contains your RIFT installation.

Click on Proceed at the bottom of the window and follow the prompts.

After it finishes, RIFT should hopefully not have that error message anymore.

Hope this helps,

Hibba.

Same problem!

I watched the video and everything is the same up until "Click the big yellow 'Download RIFT' button."

It wants me to choose an installer but in the video that never happens! Once you click the 'Download RIFT' button, everything seems to magically download and install. I am running Safari but I tried downloading the RIFT TIE file anyway, but got the same result.

Why is this happening?

John wrote:

Same problem!

I watched the video and everything is the same up until "Click the
big yellow 'Download RIFT' button."

It wants me to choose an installer but in the video that never
happens! Once you click the 'Download RIFT' button, everything seems
to magically download and install. I am running Safari but I tried
downloading the RIFT TIE file anyway, but got the same result.

Why is this happening?

Sorry for my delay. I took another look at the video and it does look like everything appears to just magically install. I think Codeweavers should re-do the video, they skip showing the installer file they use to install RIFT.

Next, the solution to John's issue: You will either need to purchase a DVD copy of RIFT, or purchase a digital download of it. If you choose the digital download, you will be given a registration key, which is used after you make a RIFT account. Once you add the key to your account, you can download the client installer file right from Trion. After this file downloads, all you need to do now is download the TIE file from Codeweavers and when it asks for the installer, point it to the file that you just downloaded from Trion.

The above method goes over the digital download version; the DVD version might be more straightforward (in theory, one should just point the Crossover installer to the DVD and it should magically know what to do), but I hear some Mac users had issues with the DVD version.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions, please feel free to ask them.

Hibba.

1 to 10 of 10

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVmtQTTVIQkJKQjV6WWFNQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9