Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Rift updater under 10.1 : Patch Failed - Error Communicating with the Patching Process (Error #1026)

I can't patch successfully after the update.

Second line of error dialog box is:

Last Message: 0000006D

Not sure what the problem is. I have windows installs, so I will try to just copy the updated client over, but it appears this may need attention.

Did you read the Tips and Tricks section?

Yes, I did--and retried about ten times before I posted.

This afternoon, however, it is going through--so perhaps the tips and tricks should include a suggestion not to merely try again, but to try again some time later?

Seems like bizzare behavior, and I did not see this error under the previous version--but Rift forums suggest this happens to standard windows clients from time to time, so who knows....

Thanks!

-Innatetech

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWjNNRWJ6bkdRN3lBTVljSyIsImdkcHIiOjB9