Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

In-game blue screen of lag-death

I am having the weirdest and most frustrating problem right now. Every hour or so, randomly as far as I can tell, the game suddenly covers my screen with a blue haze and makes me unable to do anything while I helplessly watch myself die (or stand there doing nothing, at best). I am using a Mac Pro 2009 with the ATI card. This has nothing to do with my internet connection. I did have to put the graphics to the lowest mode to counter the character screen freeze. Everything works perfectly up until the game decides to do this to me.

I am using the ATI Radeaon 4870

I am going to play with different settings to solve it. It might be because I was trying to play in fullscreen or fullscreen window. I am testing on windowed now and see if that helps. If I can change any setting which makes it stop happening, I will update.

UPDATE: No setting I change is having much affect on this, video or otherwise. I could test if turning off low quality render will stop it, but then I will freeze on the character screen.

UPDATE: This happened to me about 50 times, and suddenly a few days ago stopped happening. I can find no reason why, but it's been a solid 20 hours of gameplay where I had no freeze ups. Perhaps one of the patches released by Trion changed something which inadvertently fixed it.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY25SWXpBR2RzV1hTWmV4dyIsImdkcHIiOjB9