Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

new to this

How do i know if i have the newest version of crossover.. This might be a dumb question but Im completely new to getting a windows game to work on a mac this is all over my head hahaha.

brandon wrote:

How do i know if i have the newest version of crossover.

The latest available version is in the "My Downloads" section of "My Account"

hello Well i have tried to install the game and it seems that rift itself is donw installing on my computer but on on the cross over program its seems to be stuck at around 90%. what do i do??

Hello, and welcome to the RIFT forums. Are you trying to install the game with the RIFT DVD or are you using the online downloader? There appears to be a problem with using the DVD to install the game to Macs (according to the note on the Details page by the "DVD Release" section; I haven't tried installing it to Mac yet). If you do have the DVD version, you can get the online installer from Trion after you make an account with them and register the game with that account online. From there, there should be an option to download the client. Then, just point the Crossover Games installer (you can do it through Crosstie, too, I believe) to use the file that you downloaded as the installer.

Just as a warning, it's about a ~8.6GB download if you do it this way.

Hope this helps,

Hibba.

EDIT: Sorry, I misunderstood. If it looks like Rift itself installed completely, then I would recommend closing Rift and the installer might notice that that step is "done." If it doesn't, I guess you could click on Cancel at the bottom of the installer and that will stop it. Please excuse me for being late on my response, I assume that you of course stopped the Crossover installer in some way by now, which should be ok if it looks like Rift itself installed.

Please let us know if Rift is working for you. If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

I didnt have a problem installing Rift from the DVD release. It went smoothly, patching can be a little tricky, but it works.

Yesterday, after their patch, I had a hard time getting it to patch.... finally did it after hours of waiting... OH WELL!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ0I3Nk56ZWFOczZwbnlubSIsImdkcHIiOjB9