Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Game crashes when I open map

I am running Rift on an iMac 3.2Ghz Inter Core i3, v 10.6.6., 4Gb RAM, and a ATI Radeon HD 5670 card.

The game runs very well for me with the exception of when I access the map by using the M key or access it by pressing the minimap button, the game instantly crashes.

I wanted to see if others may have this problem and if the Devs are aware of it.

It doesn't crash the game when I open map, but it sure freezes up for ages while it loads the map data. Might be similiar issue? I basically avoid using the map unless I am in a safe place, or keep the map open all the time (smaller and shadowed out when not in focus) :)

Mine is an instant crash. Tough to find rifts and quest objectives sometimes.

The game freezes for like 10 seconds and often causes me to disconnect, its really annoying -.-

this actually happens to my friend too, and he uses WindowsXP
i think its an actual problem with the game

I had this problem too. It went away when I switched to the low quality graphics renderer (to solve another issue - crashes when I opened the character pane). You might want to give that a try just to see if it has any effect.

Tobias Watson wrote:

I am running Rift on an iMac 3.2Ghz Inter Core i3, v 10.6.6., 4Gb
RAM, and a ATI Radeon HD 5670 card.

The game runs very well for me with the exception of when I access
the map by using the M key or access it by pressing the minimap
button, the game instantly crashes.

I wanted to see if others may have this problem and if the Devs are
aware of it.

Are you saying you are able to play after the latest patch with Crossover? On a Mac or Linux? How come the rest of us aren't working then?

Brian Morris wrote:

Are you saying you are able to play after the latest patch with
Crossover? On a Mac or Linux? How come the rest of us aren't
working then?

No, I'm afraid his post came more than a month before the Rift 1.2 patch was released.

Guys, this isn't a Codeweavers issue. I've played on my friend's computer (he uses Windows XP).
He gets the exact same thing. the game doesn't 'crash', it freezes for a good 3-4 seconds then kicks in. its loading the map activity and simulating the Warfront movements, and Rift locations.
Trust me its not a crash, just give it sometime and the game will just continue its normal pace after a few seconds
if the game actually crashes then i cant give any ideas... but as far as i know people on windows get this also. so maybe its actually a game based issue, and not because you're using crossover

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoic21GU1VGaDk3UkVXczd0UyIsImdkcHIiOjB9