Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

"Renderer Failed: Compatibility renderer will be used on next launch"

The above is the error I'm seeing immediately after logging in with the launcher (when the game proper is being launched) proper under CrossOver Games 10.1.0 and OSX 10.6.7, on a 2011 Macbook Pro with the discrete ATI graphics card.

Anyone else seeing this?

Edit: I appear to be affected by http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/browse/?ticket_id=842959 - in which case, consider me another victim of ATI driver issues.

I'm looking at that Macbook right now.. Pretty nice machine, but I see something here that may be a problem..

"AMD Radeon HD 6750M GPU paired with Intel's integrated HD Graphics 3000"

The Macbook will flip from one chipset to the other based on what it's doing, to save battery life.

I also see that there is a new driver for that on the Linux_64bit side from 3/29... I don't know if Mac has updated the video driver since then.

You may want to see what it takes to make sure that Crossover is running that game on the Radeon Drivers and chipset...

That is way beyond my knowledge.

Dan Glegg wrote:

The above is the error I'm seeing immediately after logging in with
the launcher (when the game proper is being launched) proper under
CrossOver Games 10.1.0 and OSX 10.6.7, on a 2011 Macbook Pro with
the discrete ATI graphics card.

Was the posted fix for that, listed in Tips & Tricks, of any help?

Hey there, i am experiencing this same issue, Except i am on the iMac 27" with the Intel Core i3 3.2GHz 4gb of memory and the ATI Radeon HD 5670. If you have found a fix for this issue, PLEASE write back so i can fix it myself, Thanks!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicnFYc2FtenlXVVU3bm5tViIsImdkcHIiOjB9