Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

"Drivers need updating"

I know yall are working on it, i'd just like to post a bug.

I've seen on many other post about the "black" screen of death.
When really its just the graphics in the back ground being black and the menu's are still showing.
Right when you click to load the game its fine, till the actual game comes up and it gives the crashing error message.

I'm currently running a Intel Macbook with a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M.
Its giving me a message at the beginning that i need to update my drivers, and i searched for hours trying to find out how to update the drivers with no luck.

I hope you can make a quick fix soon :) Would really like to try out this game.

Brady Adams wrote:

I've seen on many other post about the "black" screen of death.
When really its just the graphics in the back ground being black and
the menu's are still showing.
Right when you click to load the game its fine, till the actual game
comes up and it gives the crashing error message.

I'm currently running a Intel Macbook with a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M.
Its giving me a message at the beginning that i need to update my
drivers, and i searched for hours trying to find out how to update
the drivers with no luck.

This issue also comes up regularly with LOTRO. So far in roughly 4 years of playing, I've never seen it. One thing which I know to be true concerns Graphic Cards and their support in WINE/CXG (as well as in other similar products) can be read i the LOTRO forum sticky:

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=2869;forum=1;msg=104839

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicE5wa1BkM3JFS0xkZVNNQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9