Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Performance prior to 1.2

so I downloaded and crossover games and RIFT yesterday, to bad the 1.2 patch has breaking things but I hope eventually it will get fixed, I am in trial mode and well not sure I will be able to test it before it expires. but how was running before the patch, how was the experience running under crossover games.

seems mixed. I had no problem running Rift other than a few seconds delay whenever i opened the world map. I have read here that others have had more serious problems. This is the place to complain though, so its hard to say that this isnt a very biased and vocal minority of customers.

I was very happy with X-fire until 1.2. One of the posters in the other thread indicated (but there's no way to know if he's actually an expert or accurate in his assesment) that X-fire wont be able to support Rift anymore now that Trion is relying hardcore on directx to do things in Rift.

Rift is a great game though. I would recommend you get it for PC if you can.

Well I have been playing RIFT already on PC, but decided to comeback to LINUX natively, because of work, and i get tired of dual booting everytime, however I do not have anymore windows installed, I am tempted just to install it on an external esata drive just to play RIFT, but blah!! I don't want windows. I guess will never be able to get rid of it.

I had very good performance with crossover and Rift.. I run a Q6600 Quadcore with a Nvidia GTX260.. 8 gigs ram and Ubuntu 11.04 64bit..

With medium settings and a few of the tweaks suggested here.. i was at 23fps fairly consistently.. thats with a 1980x10xx resolution..

Not too bad.

Sketchie wrote:

I had very good performance with crossover and Rift.. I run a Q6600
Quadcore with a Nvidia GTX260.. 8 gigs ram and Ubuntu 11.04 64bit..

With medium settings and a few of the tweaks suggested here.. i was
at 23fps fairly consistently.. thats with a 1980x10xx resolution..

Not too bad.

was that with everything maxed?
and resolution seems kinda funny :P maybe 1980x1200 or something.
but thats really sweet results.

I run core2duo 1.83GHz with Nvidia 9800GTM and 3GB Ram and get about 50-100 (50 is lowest i've goten and that was during a war front with a raid of about 20+ ppl)
on simplified rendering.

I glad they made the simple rendering tbh, because that means less fireworks when fighting mage classes xD

Rift is an amazing game. I'd recommend it definately

Well that is good it had good perf. I do not have a high end vid card it is a mobile geofroce 445M yes it is a laptop but it is a Core i7, so far linux is runnign smooth, but well I have the esata with windows for my rift sessions, once this 1.2 patch gets sorted out will see.

That is Med settings with the Distance Rendering turned down or whatever that setting is.. I'll have to look it up in game.. it's the suggested one to turn off.

I was having a few issues prior to 1.2, not game breaking but just an annoyance. I'd average about 3 lock ups in a 3-4 hour window. Graphics on medium or low quality render, didn't change it at all. Also had to re-write script when it crashed otherwise it wouldn't let me run it at all. Considering the complexity, not the end of the world, but would like these issues solved if they get it running on 1.2.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicW42dzRZWEYycmVhYWhKcyIsImdkcHIiOjB9