Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

RIFT crashing on start after 3.0 Nightmare Tide expansion update

Jack Lamont wrote:

I just tried to log on to rift and right when I open glyph It
crashes and said "The program GlyphClient.exe has encountered a
serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the
inconvienence."

I can confirm this crash. It happens as Glyph begins to download its weekly patch through its Self-Updater.

Stefan Dösinger wrote:

Jen wrote:

Will this eventually make its way to WINE? Using
1.7.31, and still need to set cores with taskset.

Yes. The patch is in my list of outbound patches and I'll send it
once I'm done with the focus change stuff. I have to do a bit more
work on the tests before it meets Wine's quality standards.

Awesome, thanks! Be happy to test things, need be.

For those that can't start Rift or Glypth you need to do this thank to Vince:

1. Launch CrossOver
  2. Select the "RIFT" bottle
  3. In the "Control Panel" section, launch "Wine Configuration"
  4. Select the "Libraries" tab
  5. in the "New override for library:" drop down, look for two dlls:

msvcp110
msvcr110

1. Select each individually to add them, do not adjust how they are treated, they should be "(native, builtin)"
  2. Once they are in the "Existing Overrides:" section, select "Apply" and then "OK" and then, launch Glyph

Stefan Dösinger wrote:

Jen wrote:

Will this eventually make its way to WINE? Using
1.7.31, and still need to set cores with taskset.

Yes. The patch is in my list of outbound patches and I'll send it
once I'm done with the focus change stuff. I have to do a bit more
work on the tests before it meets Wine's quality standards.

Is there a possibility of the patch being put out there for those of us who don't really care about Wine's standers and want to build it into their own install? I'm sure it wouldn't hurt if it's made public for those who know what they're doing.

The current CrossTie does not work on my 2014 13" Macbook Pro with integrated graphics (RIFT crashes after character selection).
The following fixed it for me:

1. Don't install using RIFT_Install.exe as suggested by the CrossTie - this is long out of date. Generate the bottle but skip that step, then install the Glyph installer (from Trion's website) into the bottle. Then run Glyph and install RIFT.
  2. I installed the package "Microsoft DirectX Runtime - Modern", I'm note sure that it's necessary however, as RIFT still didn't work after this step.
  3. Run regedit for the new bottle. Under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine", create a new key "Direct3D".
    Inside the new subfolder that appears, right-click and add the following string values:
DirectDrawRenderer = opengl
VideoMemorySize = 1024
UseGLSL = enabled

Cody Smith wrote:

Is there a possibility of the patch being put out there for those of
us who don't really care about Wine's standers and want to build it
into their own install? I'm sure it wouldn't hurt if it's made
public for those who know what they're doing.

It took a while due to vacations and the patch needing some more fixes, but here it is: http://source.winehq.org/patches/data/108578

Thank you, Stefan. That is one heck of a patch!

I'm having issues with my game now. I had Opensuse 13.2 on my machine last week. Updates for the OS occurred and updates for the game occurred. After the updates I was no longer able to get into the game. It would freeze after selecting the character. Since then I have installed Ubuntu 14.04 3.16.0-37-generic on my system. I installed the game through crossover 14.1.1 and not with steam. Beginning cinematic is black, I hit esc to get to the EULA and there is a black screen. After about two seconds the game closes and I get the send the error report to Trion but I have not information on the error.

My video card is: 04:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: NVIDIA Corporation GF104 [GeForce GTX 460 SE] [10de:0e23] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
The drivers I am using is NVIDIA binary driver - version 349.16 from nvidia-349 (open source).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

raoul wrote:

For those that can't start Rift or Glypth you need to do this
thank to Vince:

1. Launch CrossOver
  2. Select the "RIFT" bottle
  3. In the "Control Panel" section, launch "Wine Configuration"
  4. Select the "Libraries" tab
  5. in the "New override for library:" drop down, look for two dlls:

msvcp110
msvcr110

1. Select each individually to add them, do not adjust how they are
    treated, they should be "(native, builtin)"
  2. Once they are in the "Existing Overrides:" section, select
    "Apply" and then "OK" and then, launch Glyph

Thank you! I am now able to play.

51 to 59 of 59

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUVF2UlJYdXVGcXRyaDNiRSIsImdkcHIiOjB9