Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't start the game after install - New Bottle

Hello All,

I'm facing a problem with Rift Game: when I start it from the "Play Now" Button(I'm using login with token/otp), any time when I try to launch the game, the Error Report App show a warning and keeps bothering me to send the errors to the Trion Company.

There is any way to fix this? I tried to create a log with cxrun, but i need some directions here, because check all debug options leave a 700MB log file at my desktop LOL.

This is a new Bottle and I can play other games in my computer, like World of Warcraft(separated bottle, not the same of the rift).

SO,SW and HW Spec:

Debian Wheezy x86_64
Geforce GTS 450
Nvidia Driver 295.59
AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (800~3200Mhz)
8GB Ram Kingston/1066
Rift 1.9 (RIFT 1.9 Hotfix #6 - 7/6/12 - Bild STABLE-108-49-B-639693)

Thanks in advance.

Gabriel Abdalla Cavalcante

Hi

This thread solved my problem (I am on ubuntu 64bit) [link=http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/linux/faq/ubuntu1204][/link]
Not sure if it is related, but ubuntu comes from debian, it is possible that both share the same issue.

3 steps to quickly check if this will solve your problems. Settings will be restored on reboot

1. close all crossover/wine software
  2. open a terminal and enter this command: echo 0|sudo tee /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope
  3. try your game.

if it does not help, well just reboot
if it helps, follow the link above and make your changes permanent.

good luck!

ilvipero wrote:

Hi

This thread solved my problem (I am on ubuntu 64bit)
[link=http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/linux/faq/ubuntu1204][/link]

Not sure if it is related, but ubuntu comes from debian, it is
possible that both share the same issue.

3 steps to quickly check if this will solve your problems. Settings
will be restored on reboot

1. close all crossover/wine software
  2. open a terminal and enter this command: echo 0|sudo tee
    /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope
  3. try your game.

if it does not help, well just reboot
if it helps, follow the link above and make your changes permanent.

good luck!

Hey it worked for me!! Thanks!!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicFpSYmtBWXI1ZEo0N1VBVyIsImdkcHIiOjB9