Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Storm Legion Expansion

Hello all. Now that Rift is becoming f2p I am truly excited and ready to start playing again. I would like to get the expansion Storm Legion. Can someone tell me if this will install normally through my Rift Logon screen once I purchase the digital version of the expansion or is there some issue I should be aware of. I have been away from Rift for a while and just found out about the f2p.

I've check the forums here but there is nothing current. Any advice would be very appreciated. Thanks 😊

you will download/install the full game, its not 2 separate things, if you don't have the SL expansion then certain area's, levels, souls will simply not be accessible,

Thanks Alexander for your reply.

I'm still a bit unsure as to the process. I know that with WOW it simply was a long download through their logon screen and it was activated only after I paid for it. With Rift once I pay for the expansion and download it, will Crossover install it or do I get it using Crosstie? This is what confuses me. Normally all the patches come in though the logon screen without a hitch - I was just wondering about this. I just don't want to spend the money on the expansion and then not be able to install it.

I know I sound a bit befuddled - I have to admit I'm a little unsure when it comes to this particular scenario. Crossover=Rift=Expansion pack.

Thanks.

rift up to level 20 is already free to play, so just install it now via crossover (tools install software) and when it works and you can play then get the SL expansion. As for patches and stuff, after you login it will download those, what does not really work compared to windows is the "green" area on the download/patch bar, in windows you can then log in and it will patch while you play, that wont work.

Already have Rift - been playing for a few years - I just wanted to know how the expansion would install. Once I pay for it and download it, will CrossOver simply pick up and intall it? Or does it simply come down as a big giant patch from the logon screen? 😊

1 big patch after the login if you not already have it (I think you do)

I meant to get back to you. I got it - you were right, it was already downloaded. Thanks for your help :)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSG1MRksyU01tSndlZng3UyIsImdkcHIiOjB9