Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Bad Performance on rMBP 15

Are there any tweaks that can be done to increase performance? How do you guys get it to run good, because from the looks of some of these posts, it seems to run good for others.

I am using a retina 15" mbp. I can run all the steam games, and WoW on high settings and everything is smooth as butter. But when I fire up Rift with code weavers, its laggy, even with settings set to low, even on low render mode.

I know emulation runs slower than a native game, but this is a huge decrease. I should mention I am running on an external 1920x1200 display, and not the mbp's retina display.

Are my standards for playing a game just higher than everyone else, or are there tweaks I can do?

Want to bump this...

What kinda of performance should I be expecting, FPS wise? And at what graphical settings do most of you run this?

You should be able to get a decent FPS with your setup. How did you install the game ? Did you use the crosstie to install ?

I am currently using an old version of Crossover since the latest one does not works very well with Rift ( see: http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=8390;forum=1;msg=144932 )
On my iMac, with the screen resolution of 2560x1440 I get about 14-20 fps with the game graphical settings to high (and shadows effects disabled).

Your resolution is even higher than mine (your mbp should reach 2560x1600) so I guess you will not get more than 15fps (or even lower than that).
I suggest you play with the rift Legacy Renderer graphical option (the low graphical setting)... the game will not be shiny and beautiful as before, but at least it will be playable.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTUhIY0txY1VDUFhkZWJBdyIsImdkcHIiOjB9