Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Cannot install RIFT

No matter what way I try and install RIFT, either using the RIFT .exe I downloaded or let Crossover download it
it refuses to install and crashes out with this error message.

The Downloading TASKiII' Task Failed.

Any help would be good =)

Thanks.

Hello,

RIFT is also on Steam. Could you try to first install Steam via the crosstie in a clean bottle and then let it take care of RIFT's installation? You should also submit a support ticket as this is an officially supported game. Be sure to include info about your system like the OS you are running, video card, amount of RAM, version of Crossover, etc.

Created a Steam bottle, steam all runs OK.

Created an account, OK.

Downloaded RIFT, which all when OK.

When I try to play RIFT I get the RIFT client where I enter my RIFT account information then I click PLAY
and get this error - The program riftpatchlive.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close.

I tried to submit a ticket but the ticket page tells I need to buy the product, which I have and it is registered.

OS 10.6.8
Crossover 11.1.0
It states here that it should work under this.

Is there any particular reason you are still using Crossover 11? It's really old.

I will tell you why because I already bought this software yes it was sometime ago now
but it was purchased, now they want another £38 to extend support and get upgrades
for a year, and I assume at the end of that year more cash for another year. Realised
this was one of the reasons I stopped using this software when I did at v11.1.0.

Thanks for trying to help though.

The RIFT client is always changing. Chances are that some patch that was applied to RIFT may have rendered it unusable on older versions of Crossover. Software evolves.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY1RodGVLRkczVFNtbnFwZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9