Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Internet Connection

RIFT runs perfectly on my Mac except for one major problem, there is no internet connection.

I can login, and it loads the game. It retrieves my character and I can enter the world. But as soon as its finished loading, the game just times out, as if I have no internet, but every other internet reliant application works. Its as if the wrapper isn't handling the Internet correctly.

I am on Mavericks.

I would suggest that you write in a ticket if you're still having this problem. Due to this post, we played RIFT for quite a while yesterday in-house. We ran it on Mavericks, we did a fresh installation, we started a new character... it all works.

We did see one case where it "appeared" as though we'd lost internet connection. If we went in-game prior to letting the patching complete, RIFT would report that it was disconnected from the patch servers and would not download any more content until we exited the game.

Caron Wills wrote:

Due to this post, we played RIFT for quite a while yesterday
in-house.

You guys have the best jobs :P

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZHZQaHU4ZG50cjJGZkVyayIsImdkcHIiOjB9