Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

RIFT crashing

I'm having RIFT crash at random times. The game will run for at least 15 minutes, and absolutely no longer than 45 minutes. When the crash occurs RIFT launches a reporter to submit the crash to the developer. The crash is more likely to trigger with visual changes. Opening a bag, switching zones, even displaying the RIFT store. All of these have immediately triggered the crash, but it may occur while moving around the world as well. I've never encountered it while simply leaving the character standing around and moving slightly to stay logged on.

I'm running 10.9 Mavericks, Crossover 13.0.1 and the latest version of RIFT. My hardware is a retina MacBook Pro 15" with 8GB of ram. I've tried running simple graphics and I still encounter the crash, though it seems to extend playtime while trading significant visuals. I've also tried setting the mac to run in strict integrated as well as strict discrete graphics and in both cases still encounter a crash.

My typical settings are Low, 1680 resolution and full screen. Game crashes while in windowed too.

I appreciate any help/tips!
~ Paul

I'm experiencing the same thing. With quality set to Ultra, it crashes after just 10-15 minutes, with StrictDrawOrdering=enabled, and minimum graphics, it lasts a few hours before crashing again.

You guys may want to file a support ticket since this game is officially supported. There's an orange button that allows you to do that just above.

This almost sounds like a memory buffer issue of somesort. I have not personally seen this happen however.

Paul Pichardo wrote:

I'm having RIFT crash at random times. The game will run for at
least 15 minutes, and absolutely no longer than 45 minutes. When
the crash occurs RIFT launches a reporter to submit the crash to the
developer. The crash is more likely to trigger with visual changes.
Opening a bag, switching zones, even displaying the RIFT store.
All of these have immediately triggered the crash, but it may occur
while moving around the world as well. I've never encountered it
while simply leaving the character standing around and moving
slightly to stay logged on.

I'm running 10.9 Mavericks, Crossover 13.0.1 and the latest version
of RIFT. My hardware is a retina MacBook Pro 15" with 8GB of ram.
I've tried running simple graphics and I still encounter the crash,
though it seems to extend playtime while trading significant
visuals. I've also tried setting the mac to run in strict
integrated as well as strict discrete graphics and in both cases
still encounter a crash.

My typical settings are Low, 1680 resolution and full screen. Game
crashes while in windowed too.

I appreciate any help/tips!
~ Paul

Same issue here as well. I too am on Mavericks on an MBP 15" with 8GB of ram. Before it crashes, I see a lot of texture issues for a few minutes. 45 minutes is a good estimate regarding the time it takes to crash.

Exact same thing happens to me. I play on ultra-low and after 30-45 minutes, textures start getting corrupted and almost immediately it crashes.

I have the same crash issue. Rift will run for about 45-60 minutes, then crash. I often get graphics errors before the crash. I am on an iMac running Mavericks with an NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB graphics card. I upgraded to CrossOver 13.1, but that didn't help.

I have the exact same problem. I thought I was the only one with the problem. I changed all my setting and everything and still only last 20-30 min if I'm lucky. It is rather frustrating

Same problem here on my mac! Looks like this has been going on for well over 6 months now! I just reinstalled Rift. The last time I played, it work flawlessly, but that was 12.2.2. Unfortunately, that version no longer works.

Hello. My rift installatin keeps crashing at random time as others described (average time is hour at low settings ). in addition after i close rift's crash handler some aditional proces remains active and leaves transparent overlay on screen so i need to alt+tab then go in crossover and force quit rift's bottle.
i am runing ubuntu 14.04 3.13.0-35 kernel right now on 24GB ram, i7 3770 and nvidia gtx 770.

Same problem here. Its the same with crossover 13 or14. Crashes are verying between 5 to 15 minutes.

i downloaded the Demo of CrossOver and got the same problems..
if i try to start Rift, it crashes on login ....
I use CrossOver for OS-X 10.9.5

My System:
i5 2500K
8gb Ram
AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6750 OC

I play on ultra-low

1 to 12 of 12

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNjVtc0ZTekhmOHlOdE1xZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9