Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crash immediately on launch now?

So, tried recently (2.6 Hotfix #8), and Rift crashes pretty much instantly on startup. Launcher works, game doesn't. If I set LegacyRenderer to true in rift.cfg, I get far enough to send in an error report, if I don't, I don't even get that.

Only obvious source of concern is that "HardwareDetector.exe" crashed at one point.

I may have some kind of problem with my install, I think one of the DX9 installer things may have failed, except things otherwise seem to think they're installed. I don't know how to check that or reinstall that.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWWdYdVpXY3dzWGh1N0M4SyIsImdkcHIiOjB9