Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Glyph

Now that Glyph has been crammed down our throats, I have a question.

Is there anything I need to do to continue to be able to launch Rift from CrossOver?

If so, what do I need to do?

I'd really like to know before I hand Trion more money. I also don't want to download everything every time I try to play Rift.

Thanks!

You must install Glyph into your "RIFT Game" directory, or it will not find RIFT at all. To accomplish this, when Glyph brings up its installation dialog click "Change" next to the path. Scroll down past your local file system entries and browse from "My Computer". Select the path to the directory where your "rift.exe" resides. On my system this is "My Computer\drive_c (C)\Program Files\RIFT Game".

Once installed you can launch with your usual RIFT icon. You will see RIFT listed at the left as one of your games, but the first time you click on it there is a bit of latency before it populates the RIFT content into the center and right panes.

I've been running RIFT on version 10.2.0 of Crossover Games and I did the steps you outlined to change the installation path. Unfortunately, the installer crashes every time so I can't even get past that part. Any thoughts or ideas?

Hello, Robert. I am on Linux, and running CrossOver version 13.1.2.

Hi, Robert!

You might want to consider upgrading CrossOver.

As for changing the installation path making the Glyph installer crash, I am not surprised. What I've done so far is let the Glyph installer go ahead and install itself where it wanted to. I've been very careful not to close Glyph or CrossOver ever since. So far this has worked.

I am worried about starting the whole thing up again if I ever have to close either. I have a bad feeling that when that happens, I will have to make an entirely new bottle for Glyph. I'm not sure how to do that. It's been ages since I've had to do something like that.

Yeah, the upgrade sounds like a good idea. I'm just worried about throwing money at it and it not working since RIFT is the only thing I use Crossover for. Here's hoping!

I wanted to note that updating to the newest version of Crossover has remedied this problem!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVjNFTG5XTHhuQ1M3UHY2UyIsImdkcHIiOjB9