Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Archeage

Hello guys! I have no problems at all playing Rift with Crossover. But I have problems playing Archeage... Since both use glyph I'm confused to why as Rift works but ArcheAge doesn't. Anyone care to tell me? I've looked it up but not found out why that is..

OSX: 10.8.5

Sup mate,

probably because Archage uses Hackshield to prevent hacking and cheating, which is incompatible with Wine/Crossover, I guess.

But it sure would be nice if we were able to play Archage via Crossover.

Cheers,
Alex

PS: Btw, it seems ppl don't like Hackshield anyway: http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/10/07/trion-explains-why-archeage-uses-hackshield/

Cheers,
Alex

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYjZobnJNbXJ2N1lLdkVkayIsImdkcHIiOjB9