Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Glyph Launcher Crashing

When I launch Glyph in order to launch Rift, it says "The program GlyphClient.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the Inconvenience." Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same problem. I can't seem to just launch Rift, either.

I can confirm this latest crossover RIFT "fix" totally disabled any rift experience. So please check it twice before you do those "fixes"

I'm running Linux right now, and Glyph works for me. I'll boot OSX and see if I can reproduce the problem there.

Glyph just downloaded an update when I started it. The problem may be caused by the Glyph update rather than the CrossOver update.

It is the Glyph update. I have tried and tried to either get Glyph reinstalled, or get Rift to run without it.

Apologies for not posting specs the first time. I am using a late 2013 iMac running OS X Mavericks.

Good luck fixing this blunder of Trion's.

Caron was able to reproduce the problem and pointed me in the right direction:

wine: Call from 0x7b83b35e to unimplemented function msvcr110.dll.?_GetConcurrency@details@Concurrency@@YAIXZ, aborting

I guess this was introduced by the Glyph update. Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 (11.0) Redistributable Runtime should work around the problem. We'll test this fix and update the Application profile.

Stefan Dösinger wrote:

Caron was able to reproduce the problem and pointed me in the right
direction:

wine: Call from 0x7b83b35e to unimplemented function
msvcr110.dll.?_GetConcurrency@details@Concurrency@@YAIXZ, aborting

I guess this was introduced by the Glyph update. Installing
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 (11.0) Redistributable Runtime should work
around the problem. We'll test this fix and update the Application
profile.

Actually, there's a little more to it than that. Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 (11.0) Redistributable Runtime will fail to install in an existing bottle... something we'll look into. My apologies, we hoped the fix would be that straightforward.

But the good news is, the fix is still fairly simple... I'll try to keep the steps simple, you should only have to do this once.

I will update the install recipe to include these steps shortly and no new users should be affected after that.

1. Launch CrossOver
  2. Select the "RIFT" bottle
  3. In the "Control Panel" section, launch "Wine Configuration"
  4. Select the "Libraries" tab
  5. in the "New override for library:" drop down, look for two dlls:

msvcp110
msvcr110

1. Select each individually to add them, do not adjust how they are treated, they should be "(native, builtin)"
  2. Once they are in the "Existing Overrides:" section, select "Apply" and then "OK" and then, launch Glyph

Cheers!

Just to add another datapoint I was able to install the VC++ 2012 runtime into my existing Rift bottle (just searched for it in the list and let it do its thing) and after that installed I was able to follow Caron's WineConfig instructions and the Glyph launcher started again and I can get into Rift again.

Thanks for all your help, I will try these steps.

Caron Wills wrote:

Stefan Dösinger wrote:

Caron was able to reproduce the problem and pointed me in
the right direction:

wine: Call from 0x7b83b35e to unimplemented function
msvcr110.dll.?_GetConcurrency@details@Concurrency@@YAIXZ, aborting

I guess this was introduced by the Glyph update. Installing
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 (11.0) Redistributable Runtime should
work
around the problem. We'll test this fix and update the Application
profile.

Actually, there's a little more to it than that. Microsoft Visual
C++ 2012 (11.0) Redistributable Runtime will fail to install in an
existing bottle... something we'll look into. My apologies, we hoped
the fix would be that straightforward.

But the good news is, the fix is still fairly simple... I'll try to
keep the steps simple, you should only have to do this once.

I will update the install recipe to include these steps shortly and
no new users should be affected after that.

1. Launch CrossOver
  2. Select the "RIFT" bottle
  3. In the "Control Panel" section, launch "Wine Configuration"
  4. Select the "Libraries" tab
  5. in the "New override for library:" drop down, look for two dlls:

msvcp110
msvcr110

1. Select each individually to add them, do not adjust how they are
    treated, they should be "(native, builtin)"
  2. Once they are in the "Existing Overrides:" section, select
    "Apply" and then "OK" and then, launch Glyph

Cheers!

Glyph launches after using these tips, Thanks for your help.

i did all of this and it works, i could open the glyph again but. i can't open the rift, it say saving error report, and something pop out that say send error report or skip error report D: pls help me, i really want to play rift now pls help.

marc, did you update to crossover 14.0.3?

yes i do have crossover 14.0.3

btw I'm using mac book pro os x version 10.9.4

Any help???? pls help me

are u guys fixing it yet? cuz i still can't open or play rift D:

Sorry, I have no quick idea (and I didn't follow the forum posts in the last few days). What graphics card are you using? Also, are you on Linux or OSX?

I'm using macbook pro

MacBook Pro
13-inch, Mid 2012
Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000
Software OS X 10.9.4

any news? when are u going to fix the rift on mac os x
. ok pls reply if u fixed it

1 to 19 of 19

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNmR1TUpHRXVtc2JhcGt0WSIsImdkcHIiOjB9