Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

ALT-CLICK passthrough?

I've experienced fewer problems with RIFT in CrossOver than other games, but there is one nagging problem. To upgrade an item, I have to press ALT-MOUSECLICK on the item in the gui. Apparently that combination is not getting passed through to the RIFT game. I also have not been able to find any way to change keybinding within RIFT to recognize a different combination.

So is there any way to change CrossOver settings so this combination does get passed through, so I can finally upgrade some of my items? :)

Make sure that key combination or just the Alt key is not bound in your Desktop Environment. You did not say what OS you were using so I assume one of the various Linux distros.

Usually Alt+Click is used to grab a window (from anywhere inside the window, not just the title bar) and move it around.

Thank you! Yes, I'm using Linux Mint. And in case anyone arrives later with the same problem, I solved it this way:

Menu -> Preferences -> Windows -> Moving and Resizing Windows -> set to Disabled

Then I had to close RIFT and restart, then ALT-CLICK showed me my item upgrade window. Yay! :)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNExOR1hHZE5uUWY5Z0tocSIsImdkcHIiOjB9