Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

No sound after Patch 3.2

Greetings,

So RIFT has been stable for me on Mac 10.9 Crossovergames 14 since a few weeks. It never ran so well, actually!

But after the last patch the entire sound is gone. I am not the only one with that problem, users of Ubuntu have already complained about that too.

Seems like something in wine is amiss, can anyone help?

Oh, and I can't play RIFT in low quality render mode. It will just show black screen flashes all the time. So I have to play it in good quality and without the performance enhanced graphics, since this would overheat my Mac really fast, which is really sad because this feature seems to be quite good. But I don't want to have my fan speed set at maximum and still overheating the CPU just for a game.

I confirm the "no sound" issue after the latest RIFT patch on Linux Mint 17 with Crossover 14.0.3.

I heard it has something to do with DirectX. RiFT seems to need 9, but I didn't get how to do that.

Adrian F. wrote:

I heard it has something to do with DirectX. RiFT seems to need 9,
but I didn't get how to do that.

I tried installing DirectX , but it made no impact. Still no sound.

I am running Mac 10.10.3 and i have no sound running RIFT anyone have an Idea why this is happening and is there an ETA on a fix ?

I updated the .tie to pull in DirectX Runtime - Modern to add the XAudio2_7.dll which hopefully fixes the sound. Rift was linked to an older legacy version of DirectX 9 which may not have been providing the right DLL.

You can manually add DirectX Modern to your Rift bottle by launching Crossover, Install Software, search for and pick the DirectX Modern entry, then expand the "Will install into.." section and choose your existing Rift bottle.

Ok, it looks like DX Modern didn't help, but installing the DirectX Web Installer got sound working. Same process as above, just choose the DirectX Web Installer. I've updated the installer .tie too.

Andrew Balfour wrote:

Ok, it looks like DX Modern didn't help, but installing the DirectX
Web Installer got sound working. Same process as above, just choose
the DirectX Web Installer. I've updated the installer .tie too.

Thank you!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiU0tXVzlXQXVFV2tnZEdKWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9