Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Rift Crash on Startup

When I start rift it crashes rift when I click the play button. Anyone else having crash problems? I am using Mac OSX Version 10.9.5.

I have the same issue, just tried it today. Got a bit further using the library override, can get to 80% sometimes, but then it just crashes.

Is anyone else having this issue?

/me is still annoyed with the previous "rift crashes on startup" issues 😥

I sure am. Both Crossover an PoL using the latest wine releases. From what I can gather on the intarwebs, this game got unstable with wine when the new expansion dropped.

I crash all over the place, from instantly when I log in, to a few minutes later. Always crashing within 15m of login.

Any tips or hopeful tales of what is to come with new patches to wine would be appreciated.

Rift no longer crashes on startup, now it always crashes around 20-30 minutes after I log on.

Crash on start

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieThuU1NTMk5aS3Fic2ZlTiIsImdkcHIiOjB9