Rift Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

RIFT 3 crashing on Mac OS X running Crossover 15

It's with a heavy heart that a post this as I have spent hour researching a resolution to the issue of Rift crashing when attempting to load on a Mac running Crossover. I've seen some possible solutions using taskset but this is not an option for Mac users. I also see now evidence that supporters of Crossover have any interest in resolving this issue, as many people haver reported it with no resolution.

I'm posting this here out of desperation. I'm tired of having to load Windows through bootcamp in order to play this game. I don't know if there's anyone out there in the community who's been thing problem, but if there is I'd love to learn a solution.

Here are the specs to my environment. Max OS X 10.11.5 MacBook (Retina, 15", Early 2013) Pro 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7; Crossover 15.2; Rift 3. Rift fails to load into the game, failing @ 95% after character selection.

Appreciate any insight or solutions.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZGVwZnE0dmtwOFhLUDZabiIsImdkcHIiOjB9