RollerCoaster Tycoon Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

RollerCoaster Tycoon on GOG

RollerCoaster Tycoon Deluxe recently came out on gog.com

I downloaded it expecting it to work fairly well with Crossover Games since I have been able to play RollerCoaster Tycoon on Crossover before without many problems, but now it doesn't seem to be working.

When played in full screen it freezes if you try to save or load, and it crashes if you try to change resolutions. If you use a virtual desktop, it simply won't start up.

Had anyone else encountered these problems with the game GOG version or otherwise? Does anyone know a way around these problems? Or has RollerCoaster Tycoon become less compatible with the more recent versions of Crossover. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi,

What patch version is the GOG release?

Cheers!

I have having similar issues. But my biggest issue is that if I change the resolution from 640x800 to any other resolution it crashes. The gog version is 1.20.015

If I use RCT.exe instead of launcher.exe the resolution defaults to 600x800. But thats as far as I can get.

Curious ... last official patch I can find is 1.20.013...perhaps
the GOG version is different....

...what OS/version of CXG are you (both) using? If Mac, which model
and what video card/chipset does it have...(and if linux, which video
drivers)...

MBP6,2 NVidia Geforce GT330M Mac OS 10.6.8 with the most recent CXG.

I also was having crashes (just a black flicker, then nothing) when I set Crossover to emulate a desktop.

And, not crashes, but unresponsiveness when trying to load/save a game, or name a ride. This seems to be because the pop-up window for load/save/etc is popping up behind the game.

If you leave Crossover at not emulating a desktop, and launch the game, under the game's options, can you change the resolution there? Can you chose "Window" mode?

This is what's working for me:

Crossover set to not emulate a desktop.

I'm going into Window mode (from the game's options) when I need to load/save/name something, then back to FullScreen to play.

(I can play in Window mode too, as it actually scales pretty nicely up to about 1024x768 desktop resolution, but I lose edge-scrolling. You can still hold down the right mouse button to move that way, but I prefer just edge-scrolling.)

If you can get to/from Window mode within the game itself, I hope that helps you too.

-Laura

Sorry for the late reply, I am indeed using MacBook Pro (NVIDIA GeForce 9400M). I am using the latest version of Crossover Games.

Also, switching it to Windowed mode from within the game's options does seem to work (in terms of saving and loading the game); but you do lose edge scrolling which makes the game largely unplayable. Also, any attempt to resize the window or otherwise change the game's resolution crashes the game.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYzM0MktDMkFXcVp5S3FiQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9