RollerCoaster Tycoon Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installing help RCT1 - RollerCoaster Tycoon 1 MAC CrossOver Installation

Hi guys, apologies for this lame thread, but I am having real real trouble installing this game.

Where do I start, firstly could someone please tell me how to install this game step by step, below i will describe what i have tried and failed with.

I have a official UK/Europe copy of RCT (CD file name RCTYCOON)

1) Load up CrossOver games
2) I click on insert an install CD, or use the CrossOver Games Software Installer.
3) Not too sure what application to select so I select UNSUPPORTED APPLICATIONS>OTHER APPLICATION - Is this right? Or should I select "Microsoft DirectX Runtime - Legacy" or something?
4) Next menu down I select the CD - RCTYCOON - should I selecting this or the others?
5) I select new win98 Bottle
6) I then click Install

Now the install window pops up I select Full install (I have previously tired minimum). The installer completes, and I get the screen with PLAY, UNISTALL and EXIT

I click on PLAY and I get a Program Error message saying

"The program rct.exe has encounted a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

"This can be caused by a problem in the program or a deficiency in Wine. You may want to check http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/ for tips about running this application."

Secondly below are the specs of my MacBook Pro

OS 10.6.3
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM

Please help as I have very happy memories of this game and would love to play it again on my Mac.

Many Thanks

Hi,

Have a read of the other thread in this forum;

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=21;forum=1;msg=56291

Cheers!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQmRLQnQ3ZzNmdU5UQVBWVCIsImdkcHIiOjB9