RollerCoaster Tycoon Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

How I got RollerCoaster Tycoon to Run

If you have any questions, please drop a comment or contact me through youtube

Here's the video of how I got it to run.

Corrected link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFWKnsgrXZE

I can confirm this works on Mac OS X v10.6.4. Quick rundown of the steps I took:

Before you start, ensure you have the following:
RCT CD or disc image
rct-US.exe patch, can be found here: Atari FTP
Crossover (I used v8.0)

Mount the CD or disk image
Install the game into a new win98 bottle
+Choose Full install when prompted
When install is complete, copy rct-US.exe patch into the RCT folder (C:\Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\Rollercoaster Tycoon in your bottle directory)
Run rct-US.exe patch through CrossOver's "run command", which should complete successfully
Open winecfg of the bottle you installed RCT into. Under the graphics tab, tick the "emulate virtual desktop" box. Don't worry about setting a resolution, this happens automatically when you run the game.

You can now start the game, which will hopefully work! The game was pretty slow until I went into Options and set it to run in windowed mode, at which point it ran fine. You can then maximise the Windows-style window and it's almost fullscreen!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibVpaN1JkQ0pmeXBjWVJHYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9